Monday, October 14, 2013

Panthers' Greg Hardy thinks he can beat LeBron James in a game of 1-on-1

You don't hear too many athletes in any sport talk about how they could beat LeBron James in a game of 1-on-1. But not many of them are Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy. The man with the mouth that roars.

This offseason Hardy set a goal of 50 sacks. Never mind the fact that it took Michael Strahan a full season to break the record at 22.5 sacks. And it took a gift from Brett Favre to do that. Hardy told the Carolina Observer that he would beat James in a game of  1-on-1.

Hardy once played basketball at Ole Miss so he's not lacking skills. It's just that James' game is on a much higher plateau but that doesn't stop Hardy from predicting a victory over King James.

"How should I answer this question? I would dominate that dude," Hardy said. "Hands down, guaranteed win. And that's my favorite player."

"Everyone says he can go to the NFL and play defensive end, who says I cant go to the NBA?"

"I'm not saying I would beast him, but I would definitely win," Hardy said. "I got a good shot, I got good handles, I got good size. I feel that we match up pretty well. I was a defensive player in college."

"Yeah, it would be a tight game. I'm not saying I would dominate him," Hardy said. "That was a joke. I feel like I'd definitely win. I think there's a game there. I don't think that I'm trash and I don't think that he's trash. I think it'd be two dominant athletes playing and I'd come out on top."

Hardy is listed at 6-4 and 290 pounds. James comes in at 6-8 and 250.

Advantage James. Hardy would try to muscle him up but James is too quick and athletic for Hardy to keep up with him. But it would be fun to watch.

No comments: