Saturday, November 23, 2013

Brandon Jennings says he has no confidence in his shot

As a NBA player you have to exhibit confidence. If you don't the game will eat you up.

Detroit Pistons point guard Brandon Jennings has always been a confident player but has struggled with the game recently. It's to the point where Jennings says he has no confidence in his shot.

“I’m just going to tell it like it is,” Jennings said. “I think that’s why my shot isn’t where it is right now,” he said. “I don’t have any confidence in my shot right now. That’s the reason I’m missing, because there’s just no confidence there.”

Jennings went 4-16 in Friday night's loss to the Atlanta Hawks. He missed four three pointers and committed four turnovers in the fourth quarter.

“I feel like I’m just shooting when people are telling me it’s time for me to shoot,” he said. “I gotta want to shoot. I’m so into passing that I kind of forget I can score sometimes.

“My confidence level isn’t high.”

Here's a solution for Jennings. Help the team in other areas of the game, like on defense. The Pistons could definitely use an improved effort.

It's still early in the season and at some point Jennings will get his groove back. He never was the best shooter in the game so it doesn't surprise me when he has moments of being an inefficient chucker.

He needs to get his head back in the game because the Pistons really need him to put forth his best effort.

No comments: