Saturday, February 8, 2014

World Peace open to trade from the Knicks

After not getting an answer of why he's in coach Mike Woodson's doghouse, Knicks forward Metta World Peace isn't ruling out the possibility of a trade out of New York.

World Peace has seen little time in the rotation since returning from a blood spinning procedure on Jan.24 for his ailing knee.

When asked about whether he wanted to get dealt at the Feb. 20 deadline, World Peace said: “That’s up to my agent. I don’t worry about it. I’m optimistic about my future. … I’m not going to complain.’’ 

Sources say that Woodson has been unhappy with World Peace after he made an apparent joke about his lack of playing time.

World Peace's agent, Marc Cornstein, has wondered about his player's status in the rotation since World Peace has been limited to garbage time despite the Knicks having injuries to Kenyon Martin and Andrea Bargnani for an undisclosed amount of time.

“I haven’t been given an answer,’’ Cornstein said. “Usually, I’ll get an answer, not always the one I want to hear. But I don’t have an answer for you on this.’’  

World Peace's name came up in trade talks for Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry but the trade never materialized.

I don't know who would take on World Peace right now. He could still be an asset for someone, but I don't see a contender wanting to give up much in return for the veteran defensive pest.

No comments: